Monday, March 3, 2008

BYE CLOWNTOWN! HELLO TINY TYKES!!!



Clowntown is now Tiny Tykes. I visited Tiny Tykes yesterday, and I liked it! The aging summer resort town look of the place has been changed to a cartooony appearance. Just about every store has big googly eyes on it and some have a ramp that looks like a tongue! It looks like something you'd see at a circus and I think it's cute!

When you first TP into Tiny Tykes, there is a playground area that includes a really fun monkey swing. There are also plenty of toys for tinies, including a drum kit. I always get weirded out when I try a tinies toy, because it shrinks my arms and legs and I lose my hands and feet! But if you're a tinie, it would be lots of funs for you.

There are plenty of shops at Tiny Tykes. I especially liked Timeless Creations, which has many pretty clothes. Robin (Sojourner) Wood has a store with her lovely shapes, skins and clothes, and Marianne McCann has a booth here with her homemade toys. There are still some openings for stores if you'd like to become a shopkeeper.

Tiny Tykes has an adoption agency with really neat things in it, like a fun train and a coloring/computer table. It also has beddies for kids who are registered with the agency.

The BEST thing about Tiny Tykes is the puppet show that YOU put on. You click a booth and it gives you two bear puppets. You wear the puppets, sit in the booth and put on a show. Now I can add "Puppeteer" to my ever-growing SL resume. What makes it even better is you get moneys for making this show or for watching it! The animations for audience members are soooo cute too, as you laugh and clap for the show. It's the funnest camping set-up I've ever seen.

The people I met at Tiny Tykes are really nice, too. Love Brokken, who runs the adoption agency, is really sweet and the kids who hang out there seem full of fun. Good luck to her and this sim!

Update: There is going to be a talent show at Tiny Tykes on Saturday, March 8, at 5 pm SLT. Those in it will get four minutes to perform, and everyone in it will get a trophy for appearing, not just the winners. The winner will get 200L and a 300L gift card. The second place prize is a 200L gift card and third place is a 150L gift card. IM Love Brokken for more info on what should be a very fun night--wish I could go! (RL work, phooey!)

No comments: